Saturday, February 20, 2010


First off Corin I want to thank you for sharing the video as well as your own images.Pictures are worth a 1000 words.The image of the mother breastfeeding in the stream as well as others made me reflect on all the various places I have breastfed all of our children.Very amazing to see mothers around the world {with a smile on my face}.In the middle of life and just DROP everything to nurse your baby.

I too hid with my first child? Coping with a huge adjustment, all the while being in love.Just the newness and everyone with there two cent advice.

It changed one hot summer day when we were in a resturaunt and I was asked if I was going to nurse there.I removed myself and took the baby out to the car,as I said "HOT" summer day! As the baby was nursing with deep breaths {its a work out for them anyway during infancy,it wears them out} and sweat was beading from his poor little nose.I thought to my self...are you frickin kidding me???? The people I am with are in a cool place enjoying there meals and I removed myself and this infant to appease there ignorance. This poor baby deserves more than that or them. So I whipped my boob back in,cradled the baby,slammed the car door,walked into the resturaunt,sat down,stated "it's too hot out there,your all going to have to deal with it"!! I proceeded to breastfeed again.

I have to say one thing...my HUSBAND has been my #1 fan! From the time of conception or even the mere thought of having another little person enter our life.That is "HUGE"...and I thank him more times than I can tell you,for being such a wise enough husband/father to care enough to self educate as well as not give into what the rest of the world thinks {he is stronger when it comes to this than I am}.NOTE:}Breast pad in hand...

So here I am just yesterday after breastfeeding 4 children,sitting out in my OWN front yard.Neighbor guy comes over and starts talking mid-sentance he says "oh my god,are you breastfeeding"? ....YES I AM..." you should give her a bottle or something,or go inside and get a blanket to cover yourself up"!....YOU CAN'SEE ANYTHING,WHY DOES IT BOTHER YOU SO MUCH?....."because I know whats shes doing down there,go cover up,how old is she anyway"?
First of all he came into my yard!....Don't like it turn around an GO AWAY!!!!!!

At my age and experience....Im so over hearing it,because its the norm for our family {and yes I am discreet}.I think Im just as shocked that they're shocked. I feel for the new mom's and pray that they get a thicker skin quicker than I did.

It's really sad that on a daily basis we get more critisism than praise.
~like were committing a crime
~we have go to Corins blog to see that were all in this together,more love and praise on her blog than in daily life.

To this day if I see a breastfeeding mother out in public I will give her a smile or a wink...if shes not busy a sweet verbal statement. Harley Davidson riders do it....why cant we?

Happy Breastfeeding Mommy's.....

No comments:

Post a Comment