Monday, March 22, 2010

The Bernals ~ Dove Family

The kids and I have been visiting the dove family for a few weeks now.They reside for the third straight year in a row at our wonderful neighbor Dolores's home {well planter}.The mother has been sitting on eggs,or the babies during all of our visits,until today that is.They were out and soooo big already,she stays very still,firm and observant,with my camera so close to her.The babies on the other hand were a little fidgety...I apologized kindly,thanked them for the few quick shots I got and attempted to slowly move away.Wow...how great nature is "I thought to myself and expressed to the boys". Until low and behold the daddy bird swoops in to check on mommy and the babies. Obviously,I worried him.....he was so intent on making sure things were as they were supposed to be.He stood tall in front of them...."AMAZING"....we were to not get near his family.Again a few shots of him and we left well enough alone.
He did'nt stay long {so I thought} until I looked over at the fence and there he was,watching like a HAWK {well a dove}. How cool was that......




No comments:

Post a Comment